Sunday, April 19, 2015

What am I exactly doing?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VkIhKWmbnfc

Hello everyone!! This journey of studying and experiencing fashion has been incredible. I have learned so much! I finally got Ashlyn's measurements and my fabric so now I can get started.

I didn't think this topic was gonna be easy but I didn't think it was so complexed. There are so many concepts that go into making clothes. One thing I learned that I didn't know before is that you have to get 4 different measurements on your model such as; her bust, waist, girth, and hips. I only thought you were suppose to measure her hips and upper body part.

Fabric is another obstacle I came across. There was so many different patterns I couldn't choose. And I didn't know if I wanted cotton or a silk fabric. But silk is expensive so I stuck with cotton. Now that I have a better outlook of making clothes, I can finally get started. I will surely keep you guys updated on my progress.

1 comment:

  1. You have great sense of style and it's reaclly cool how you are making your own clothes. I hope you succeed so we can see you wear your awesome clothes.(:

    ReplyDelete